- A beautiful period house located within the heart of this picturesque village
- A lovely combination of period living, with a modern contemporary kitchen/dining room extension
- Generous accommodation including detached self contained annexe
- Stunning vaulted kitchen/dining room perfect for open plan living and entertaining
- Sitting/dining room with inglenook fireplace
- London Marylebone in 37 minutes
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Generous plot, including large courtyard and formal garden
- Off street parking
- Ideally positioned within a short walk of the picturesque village pond and church
- Just a ten minute walk to the station for access into London Marylebone (37 minutes)
A beautiful period house benefiting from the most stunning contemporary kitchen/dining room extension and a detached one bedroom annexe.
Formerly the village Blacksmith’s, Anvil Cottage originally dates back in parts to the XVI century, with a number of further extensions finally culminating in a magnificent glazed kitchen/dining room perfect for open plan living and entertaining. The property is ideally located within the heart of this highly sought after village, close to the picturesque church and pond but also just a ten minute walk to the station for direct access into London Marylebone (just 37 minutes)
Internally, the property has been recently updated by the current owners whilst retaining a number of original features, including exposed beams, flooring and an inglenook fireplace to the sitting room. Accommodation to the main house includes a family room, an open plan sitting/dining room and a shower room to the ground floor, of particular note is the fabulous open plan kitchen/dining room constructed in 2019 and fitted with a comprehensive range of cupboard and drawer units finished in Stiffkey Blue. The kitchen is flooded with natural light helped by the lovely vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and six panelled Bi-fold doors opening to the garden. The kitchen has a generous island fitted with a solid oak work surface, to compliment the white granite work surfaces. Appliances include an integrated Bosch fridge/freezer, dishwasher and twin electric ovens with ceramic hob. To the first floor are three generous bedrooms, including a lovely master bedroom with a new en-suite bathroom. Externally, Anvil Cottage enjoys a lovely mature garden, separated by a large central courtyard providing a private setting and access to the detached annexe/home office offering a sitting room, kitchen, shower room and first floor bedroom. A further area is laid to lawn at the rear of the annexe offering a formal garden, planting with flower and shrub borders. Off street parking is available and accessed to from the front of the cottage.
Anvil Cottage is a charming period house offering accommodation of character, combining many original features with a stylish glazed extension, all ideally located within this pretty Buckinghamshire village offering excellent access to London Marylebone.