- Outstanding Grade II listed family home set in glorious gardens of about 2/3 of an acre
- Renovated and updated to a very high standard throughout
- Six reception rooms, six bedrooms, three bathrooms
- Accommodation of over 4,200 sq.ft
- Ideally located for access into London Marylebone (37 minutes), Oxford & The Cotswolds
- In catchment areas of excellent range of state and independent schools
- Highly sought after and picturesque village
- Detached double carport, workshop/garage and store rooms
A truly outstanding Grade II listed home set in the heart of a thriving village, and enjoying beautiful mature gardens extending to 2/3 of an acre.
The Mound was originally a Tudor farmhouse, and has been extended to create a substantial home of over 4,200 sq.ft. The current owners have lovingly restored the house and created a professionally landscaped garden beautifully complementing the accommodation.
The Mound can accommodate most sizes/configurations of family and is perfect for entertaining as well as offering potential for a self-contained annexe.
A stunning feature of the house is the fabulous vaulted drawing room, extending to 23’ in length and boasting a huge fireplace. There is a stylish kitchen/breakfast room fitted with classic Shaker style cupboard and drawer units, with a four oven Aga and a wonderful walk in pantry. Adjacent is a very generous oak panelled family room with open fireplace. The elegant dining room can accommodate the largest of occasions and is also oak panelled.
Upstairs is a master bedroom overlooking the rear garden, two double bedrooms (one with en-suite) and a single bedroom with a family bathroom.
Further ground floor accommodation includes a large home office, a laundry room, craft room and gymnasium, together with two further bedrooms served by a bathroom and accessed via a separate staircase.
A circular gravel drive provides parking for up to 8 vehicles and there is a detached oak built double car port and garage/workshop with store rooms. The gardens have been professionally landscaped and planted to provide lots of different spaces, designed to be colourful all year round but easy to care for. The main lawn has plenty of space for games while the kitchen garden is productive with herbs, fruit and vegetables.
In our opinion, this is one of the finest homes locally, ideally located within the catchment area of outstanding schools and within a short walk of many amenities and stunning country walks.